“Don’t be too clever for an audience,” prolific filmmaker Billy Wilder once advised. “Make it obvious. Make the subtleties obvious also.”
Congratulations today to Elena Ornig and Barbara Briggs Ward, who found the obvious and subtle differences between the Bella trailer and a near-final draft of the trailer script.
Elena’s winning entry means Bella will be traveling to Gold Coast, Australia, where Elena pens a fascinating blog called, “Answers from.” Visit it here: http://www.answersfrom.com/
Our second winner, Barbara, is from upstate New York. Learn more about her wonderful holiday story, The Reindeer Keeper, at http://www.thereindeerkeeper.com/
The differences they spotted follow:
- Ominous music added over opening
- Female narrator, not a male
- Feet not seen in opening shots (as was originally suggested)
- “It” exploded was changed to, “Her life exploded … ”
- “Tennis racket” text was changed to: The moment her husband learned his sister was murdered on 9/11
- Land line was changed to cell phone
- Deleted line: “But they are also taught lessons about:
- End text say book available at Amazon; trailer says: getbella.com
Nice work, ladies, and thanks to all who took time to view the trailer and read the script!