If you can tweet it in 140 characters, you can say it on camera in 15 seconds.
That’s the concept behind Viddy (www.viddy.com), a social media app out of Venice, CA billed as a “life-streaming movie studio and real-time film festival – on the go.”
That’s a bit much, but the fact is that Viddy is fun, intuitive, and a nice addition to any self-publisher’s messaging arsenal. I’ve been using it for about a month and pumped out several mini-videos from BookExpo America in NY. Here’s my Viddy page.
Some things I like:
– It forces you to quickly get to the point;
– Posting to Facebook and Twitter is simple;
– You can add a music and special effects;
– You can use a tool like Hootsuite to re-tweet viddy tweets;
– 26 million users can’t be wrong.
Mashable’s “5 Ways Brands Can Shine on Viddy” suggests: offering a behind-the-scenes look; sharing promo codes and sales; hosting a contest; creating custom filters; and creating premium partnerships.
Have you had success with Viddy or a similar app? How about using with videos in general? Has it worked? Why or why not?